WARREN CO., Ill. (NEWS3) — Warren County is reporting more coronavirus cases.
Warren County Health Department said there are now five new confirmed cases which includes:
- 2 females between the ages of 20-40
- 1 female between the ages of 40-60
- 1 male between the ages of 10-20
- 1 male between the ages of 20-40
“COVID-19 is spreading in the community and residents should be taking necessary precautions to prevent the spread of illness,” Warren County Health Department Administrator Jenna Link said. “Everyone has a role to play in staying healthy. Individuals have the potential to be contagious for up to 48 hours prior to showing any signs of symptoms.”
The county reported nine new cases Friday and five cases Thursday. Below is a list showing the surge of cases the county has reported since its first case April 10.
- April 10: First case reported
- April 12: Second case
- April 17: Employees at Smithfield Foods test positive; investigation launched into outbreak at plant
- April 18: Third and fourth cases
- April 19: County’s cases soar with 10 new cases; brings total to 14
- April 20: 15th case
- April 22: Four new cases; total at 19
- April 23: 13 new cases; overall cases jump to 32
- April 24: Six new cases; total rises to 38
- April 25: Seven new cases; total increases to 45
- April 26: Five new cases; county hits 50 positive cases
- April 27: Two new cases; total of 52
- April 28: One new case; total of 53
- April 29: Four new cases; total at 57
- April 30: Five new cases; total at 62
- May 1: Nine new cases; total of 71
- May 2: Five new cases; total now at 76
Warren County Health Department has not said if any of the recent cases are connected to an outbreak at Smithfield Foods in Monmouth. The pork-processing plant announced Wednesday it will re-open after being shut down for almost week following a “small portion” of its employees testing positive for COVID-19. The health department said on April 17, three employees at the plant tested positive for the virus. Two of those workers live in Rock Island County and the other is a Warren County resident.
Below are current COVID-19 test results in surrounding counties around the NEWS3 viewing area:
- McDonough County: 18 positive (3 recovered), 1 death, 229 negative, 47 pending
- Schuyler County: 1 positive (1 recovered), 71 negative, 0 pending
- Hancock County: 8 positive, 111 negative, 8 pending
- Warren County: 76 positive, 151 negative and unknown pending
- Fulton County: 3 positive (1 recovered), 143 negative, unknown pending
- Knox County: 48 positive, 290 negative, 120 pending
- Adams County: 40 positive (25 recovered), 1 death, 1,134 negative, 111 pending
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported a total of 56,055 cases, including 2,457 deaths Friday. The state saw an increase of 3,137 new cases and 105 additional deaths Friday.
For the latest information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, you can go to the CDC’s website at cdc.gov or the IDPH’s website at dph.illinois.gov.